सोमवार, 26 जनवरी 2009

The story so far

In the month of June 2008 I made the mistake of moving and canceling my comcast internet service. As usual, they over-billed me about a month and half, a total of $81.30.
On July 8th 2008 I received a letter saying that I have a credit balance of $81.30 and it will be applied to my credit card on or about 15th July.
July 31st 2008 - nothing on my credit card
Sometime in August - still nothing on my credit card. So I call customer service. They take my new address (which they already had BTW) and said they will make a check in 3 - 4 weeks.
October 27th 2008 - Still no check. So I call again. They tell me that I have some equipment to return. I clarify that I bought the cable modem, so was not renting any equipment from them. They apologize for the mix up and tell me that its all clear. Please expect a check in 4 - 6 weeks.
December 12th 2008 - Still no check. Called the customer service again. Talked to Alesha #20862. She said she has opened a request form for me. She works at national customer service center and cannot do anything else for me. I ask her to transfer me to New Jersey center. She says she is trying, but its very busy. I tell her this is unaccpetable, I want my refund. She says she cannot do anything else.

January 5th 2009 - From now on it becomes really interesting. First I get the same national service center and the exact conversation of December 12th is repeated, word to word.
So I try again, this time by some magic I get hold of a customer service rep in New Jersey. First he asks me if I have returned all equipment. I tell him that I have and I made it clear on October 27th and they told me its all taken care of. He apologizes for all delays and says that he has opened a expedite request for me. Gives me a tracking number. Says repeatedly that this should have been done long ago, and he does not understand why no one ever gave me a tracking number. He says that its a rush request and you should hear back from accounting department in 3 - 4 days.
January 9th 2009 - I call again to find out if anything has happened. The agent said no action on my fine, but she can see the form opened for my 'request'. I tell her I am getting really annoyed and I am going to find ways to file complaints now.
January 15th 2009 - I call again, gave my tracking number. The lady at customer service says that the check has been sent. I do not believe her.
January 23rd 2009 - I get connected to national service center again and talk to someone names Michelle. Now she is practically bullying me! I tell her the whole story. She says she same thing, the application is open, its high priority and I should get a check in 3 - 4 weeks. I tell her I have been here that for 6 months. So she changes it to 3 - 4 days. I say, a minute ago you said 3 - 4 weeks. She puts on her bully tone and say - "No mam, I did not say that, I said 3 - 4 days". So I say "ok, maybe I heard weeks". More bullying - "No mam, you did not hear 3 - 4 weeks, I said 3 - 4 days!" I am thinking what the hell! So I tell her I want to escalate the issue and talk to her supervisor. I wait about 20 minutes. She comes back and says somone will call you by end of day today. I say that they never call back, I will hold. She says, still bully tone, "No mam, they will call you by end of day". I have no choice but to hang up at this point.
January 26th 2009 - Of course no one called me back. So I go through the same process call again. This time another shocker. First the same story that I have not returned the equipment. I tell her again that I have, and it was made clear on October 27th and again on January 5th. So same thing, she says she does not know what the hold up is and she will open a request form. I tell her its all been done 5 times and I have tracking number of the request. So I give her the number. She says that request was created on 23th January!! I am shocked. So I tell her, no it was created on January 5th. She insists, no it was done on 23th January. I am getting angry now. I tell her, no, it was done on January 5th and I got the tracking number on that day. So she looks up, and says, oh I see it. But it was "really" files on January 23th. I tell her I don't understand. What is taking so long. She says because you did not return the equipment. I am really angry now. I tell her, no that is not true. For one I never rented any equipment. And I clarified it twice with your customer service and they told me twice that its taken care of. So what is the hold up now. She says she does not know and cannot do anything, my request is open and I will get a check. I ask her when. She says she does not know. I ask her who knows, who can tell me, its been 6 months. Same reply. I ask her that I want to speak to her supervisor. She says ok. After 2 minute, she comes back and says supervisor will be on line in 2 minutes. I wait 10 minutes. She comes back and says 2 minutes. I tell her you told the same 10 minutes ago. She says "No she did not", bully tone is back. I tell her I am sitting in front of computer watching clocks. Its been 10 minutes, I want to speak to supervisor, you are holding my money. She bullys me some more, no its not been 10 minutes. I tell her ok, I don't want to argue, can I please speak with supervisor. She says supervisor will be here in 2 minutes or you want her to call back. I have to go for meeting now. So I say have her call me back.
No surprise, no one called me back.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं:

एक टिप्पणी भेजें